Bondarenko Igor Borisovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of computer system engineering and safety, Saint-Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (49 Kronverksky avenue, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivanov Aleksey Igorevich, Postgraduate student, Saint-Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (49 Kronverksky avenue, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The research deals with distributed databases of computer-aided design systems with different data structures. The subject of the research is a process of knowledge discovery from these databases. The purpose of the study is to develop a subsystem’s structure of knowledge discovery from distributed heterogeneous databases.
Materials and methods. The state of distribution of data sources, the heterogeneity of data within them and the computational complexity of the analysis of large data stipulate implementation of the agent-based approach to achieving this goal.
Results. The organizational model of a multi-agent system of knowledge discovering from distributed heterogeneous databases is developed. The basic roles of agents and their interactions with each other are described.
Conclusions. The main part of the architecture of a subsystem of knowledge discovering from distributed heterogeneous sources is determined by two subsystems: a dataset preparing subsystem and a data mining subsystem. The main problems in development of this sub-class are due to different structures of data presented in local sources, as well as different accuracy, reliability and completeness of data.
1. Maimon O., Rokach L. Data Mining and Knowladge Discovery Handbook. 2nd ed. Springer, Science+Business Media, 2010, 1285 p.
2. Han J., Kamber M. Data Mining: Consepts and techniques. 2nd ed. Morgan Kaufmann, 2006, 743 p.
3. Larose D. T. Data mining methods and models. Wiley-IEEE Press, 2006, 344 p.
4. Gorodetskiy V., Karsaev O., Samoylov V. Mnogoagentnaya tekhnologiya prinyatiya resheniy v zadachakh ob"edineniya dannykh [Multi-agent technology of decision making in pooled data problems]. SPIIRAS Proceedings. 2003, no. 1, pp. 12–37.
5. Kupriyanov M. S. Intellektual'nyy analiz raspredelennykh dannykh na baze oblachnykh vychisleniy [Intelligent analysis of distributed data on the basis of cloud computing]. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo SPBGETU «LETI», 2011, 148 p.
6. Shevtsov A. N. Agentno-orientirovannye sistemy: osnovnye modeli: monogr. [Agentoriented systems: basic models: monograph]. Vologda: VoGTU, 2012, 189 p.
7. Yushchenko S. P. Mnogoagentnye sistemy informatsionnoy podderzhki upravlencheskikh resheniy [Multi-agent systems of managerial decision information support]. Rostov-on-Don: Izd-vo SKNTs VSh, 2004, 376 p.
8. Tarasov V. B. Ot mnogoagentnykh sistem k intellektual'nym organizatsiyam: filosofiya, psikhologiya, informatika [From multi-agent systems towards intelligent organizations: philosophy, psychology, informatics]. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2002, 352 p.
9. Wooldridge M., Jennings N. R., Kinny D. Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. 2000, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 285–312.
10. Usama Fayyad, Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, Padhraic Smyth AI Magazine. 1996, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 37–54.